Are You the Victim of an Auto Accident?
Contact Higuera Law Offices for Advice
Most of California’s wrongful death and personal injury claims are comprised of motor vehicle accidents. While many auto accidents may be similar, each one needs a thorough investigation to make sure that victims receive the necessary financial recovery to overcome any medical or monetary hardships they endure.
If you suffered a severe motor vehicle accident, you likely need the counsel of an experienced attorney and legal team. Insurers and adjusters may attempt to take advantage of you if you do not have legal representation. Insurance companies aren’t designed to look out for your best interests, but to make sure that their lined pocketbooks stay intact. In fact, it’s highly unusual for a victim of a severe accident to benefit from an injury settlement without an attorney’s valuable experience and advice.
Types of Auto Accidents
There are many different types of auto accidents, including those involving rear-ending someone, t-bone accidents, sideswipe collisions, head-on collisions, single-vehicle crashes, rollover accidents and hit and run accidents.
Common Injuries Resulting From Auto Accidents
Car accidents are the leading cause of personal injuries in the United States. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2017, there were more than 1,889,000 police-reported motor vehicle crashes resulting in injuries and 34,247 fatalities. This number continues to increase year after year.
There are many types of common injuries sustained in vehicle accidents, such as:
- Spinal Injuries - The most common type of injury is whiplash, which occurs when the victim’s head is thrown backward, sideways or forwards upon impact. Severe spinal injuries can result in partial or total paralysis, resulting in permanent disability.
- Head and Brain Trauma- 14% of all Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) are caused by traffic incidents. TBI occurs when the brain impacts the skull, damaging soft tissue.
- Broken/Fractured Bones - Both the upper and lower limbs are susceptible to injuries in automobile accidents, requiring physical therapy or surgery to repair.
- Facial Injuries - Whether it’s minor injuries, such as scrapes, bruises or cuts, or more severe lacerations, burns, fractures or jaw damage, the face is susceptible to injuries during a wreck.
- Psychological Distress- Whether victims have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), general anxiety, depression or panic attacks, psychological distress after a car accident can be debilitating.
Why Use Higuera Law Offices?
Our firm can represent you in your personal injury case, and we secure excellent compensation for our clients.
- $5 Million for a wrongful death settlement, paid to the surviving family members injured in the crash with no witnesses.
- $8 Million settlement for a person with paraplegia in a wrongful death settlement.
- $1 Million for a rear-end traffic collision for a case that the insurance company initially offered only $50,000.
- $750 Thousand for a Triathlete struck while bike riding.
Sometimes minor auto accidents don’t require an attorney; however, it’s best to get a free consultation from Higuera Law Offices if you’re in doubt and have questions about your accident.